The Refugio County Chamber of Commerce (map item 13) is a voluntary organization of citizens who are investing their time and money in a community development program-working together to improve the economic, civic, and cultural well-being of our citizens.
Refugio County Chamber of Commerce is composed of committee workers, directors, and officers who serve without pay. Any citizen who is interested in helping develop Refugio County generate more money, business, jobs, and better living is eligible to be a member. Dues are required but are designed to permit even the smallest business to join.
Function of the chamber:
- Acts as a sercie institution and an action organization
- Provides a medium through which people can take effective action for the progress of the community
- Creates job opportunities through stimulation of industrial and commercial growth
- Seeks the improvement of community facilities: streets, highways, parks, schools, marketing facilities, and human resources
What Chamber members receive:
- We answer the community's telephone and correspondence
- We point visitors to your business that might otherwise never find you.
- We promote your company and your business through brochures, business directories, trade shows, parades, websites,etc.
What the Refugio Chamber of Commerce does:
- Attracts new businesses to the community and assists existing businesses grow.
- Promotes and supports beautification of our communiuty.
- Works to improve housing.
- Develops a plan for population growth in the community.
- Develops new leaders and promotes leadership in the community.
- Promotes tourism in Refugio County.
- Promotes vocational training and post-secondary education.
- Promotes community for all to see.
Chamber Contact Information
301 N Alamo; Refusio, Tx 78377
Phone" 361 526-2835
Fax: 361 526-1289