Woodsboro Independent School District (map item 25) is made up of the communities of Woodsboro, Bonnie View, and Bayside and is housed in the city of Woodsboro, Texas. Woodsboro itself is an agribusiness community of 1685 (2000 census). The entire school district is comprised of approximately 208 square miles.
Woodsboro ISD offers a wide range of programs to fit the many needs of its student population and spends approximately $7,420 per student with a student to teacher ratio of 10.9 to 1 compared to the state average ratio of 14.7 to 1. The turnover rate for teachers is 10.5% compared to the sate average of 15.6%
Over a one-year period, the district has an average of 77% of the graduating seniors entering college. On the other end of the spectrum, Woodsboro ISD has a Head Start Program for 3 & 4 year olds. The district also takes steps to assure that lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and/or participation in any educational or vocational program.
Woodsboro ISD has recently completed construction on a new Junior/Senior High School building as well as a new administration building. Both are thoroughly modern facilities equipped with the latest in computer technology and networking.
Woodsboro athletes, both girls and boys, excel in all sports, especially in track, volleyball basketball, baseball, and softball. The girls program is recognized state wide as being exemplary in all sports - especially softball and powerlifting.
Academic competition in UIL has always been emphasized at WISD with many district, regional, and state wins to back up the claims. Woodsboro students often advance to the state level competition where generally always excel.
Woodsboro ISD at a glance:
- "Recognized" Academic Rating from the State Educational Agency
- "Superior Financial Rating from the State Educational Agency
- In 2007, 100% of 6th graders met expectations on Math and Reading TAKS
- Met "Adequate Yearly Progress" under "No Child Left Behind"
- Outstanding Head Start Program recognized by Dept of Health & Human Services
- Athletic UIL programs available in Football, Volleyball, Cross Country, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Track, golf, Tennis, Power lifting.
- Outstanding Industrial Technology Program with plasma CAM system.
- Award winning secondary band and art programs
- State of the art computer labs
- At least four computers in each elementary classroom
- Elementary music program
- State medallist in Track and field, qualifiers in golf and tennis
- Area qualifier in softball, basketball
- Regional qualifiers in power lifting and volleyball
www.wisd.net Phone 361 543-4518